Current Status: Accepting Applications
Deadline: Until Filled
Job Title: Science Tutor
Reports to: Campus Administrator
Dept. / School: East Campus
Primary Role and Purpose:
Working under the direction of the Campus Administrator, provides instructional service by focusing on student learning needs and oversees compliance with district policies.
- Degree or working towards a degree in Science, education, or other related fields.
- Enrolled in or graduate of a technical college or university
- College students must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA, evident by college transcript
- Must have a strong Science background, evident by college transcript.
- Satisfactory background check
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff, students and external entities to raise the academic performance.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Highly proficient and skilled in multiple computer applications necessary to do the job well, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with individuals with various ethnic backgrounds, social circumstances, and abilities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Take an active role in developing the academic and personal strengths of students.
- Serve as a role model/mentor to students by being a lifelong learner, demonstrating appropriate academic and social behaviors, and wearing appropriate attire at all times.
- Determine from student's notes and discussion, the concepts that need to be taught or retaught.
- Become familiar with the instructional materials in the El Paso Academy curriculum.
- Become familiar with the textbooks and instructional materials used by students.
- Conduct tutorial sessions in assigned content area.
- Conduct mini-lessons in the process of writing in all subject areas, study skills, and others aspects of college preparation.
- Set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for student to follow.
- Work with students in any phase of the writing process, such as brainstorming, clustering, revisions, and editing.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the campus administrators/teacher(s) regarding student progress and area(s) of concern.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Job Related Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand, and talk or hear and sometimes walk. Occasionally, the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally stoop, bend, push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material on computers, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires extensive use of computers and frequent use of hands and fingers to enter or type data. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
Individual must maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
El Paso Academy Inc., is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, martial/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigations.