Current Status: Accepting Applications
Deadline: Until Filled
Job Title: Registrar
Reports to: Campus Administrator
Dept. / School: East Campus
Primary Role and Purpose:
Under the direction of the Campus Administrator, Registrar is responsible for the registration, transfer, withdrawal of students and maintaining a variety of student records. Perform administrative duties, coordinate and prepare documents, responsible for maintaining accurate student database information and related reports.
- Four years clerical experience.
- High school diploma required.
- College transcript verifying fifteen semester hours of credit with some business orientation or business school training; or three years of general clerical/secretarial experience may be substituted for fifteen semester hours of college credit.
- Knowledge of graduation requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable state education code and other applicable laws.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records.
- Ability to work effectively and project a cooperative, courteous and helpful attitude toward employees, students, parents/guardians, and external entities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain provisions of federal, State and District regulations related to admissions and records.
- Technical computer skills necessary to do the job well, including but not limited to databases, spreadsheets and Microsoft Office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain physical and computerized records including student cumulative folders, progress and failure reports, class rosters, schedule changes, and grade books.
- Facilitate the student enrollment process by scheduling appointments as needed, process new student records, including requesting transcripts and records from other schools, set up cumulative folder, and enter student data into appropriate databases.
- Transcribe graduation credits of transferring students.
- Coordinate grading process, including processing of scan sheets, verification and correction of grades, and printing and distribution of report cards.
- Prepare withdrawal paperwork, and send records to returning or new school; record data on withdrawal for reports.
- Calculate grade point averages, class rank, and prepare honor rolls.
- Coordinate the ordering and distribution of all graduate materials, including caps and gowns and diplomas.
- Process and transmit requests for student information, including student transcripts for colleges and universities.
- Assist academic advisor in making schedule changes and corrections and assist with distribution of schedules to students.
- Assist in distribution, collection and coordination of testing materials.
- Communicate by email, phone and/or facsimile with other schools or outside agencies regarding student records and prepare correspondence and reports as required.
- Copy and mail student records as requested, prepare files for electronic filing and district storage.
- Administer first aid as necessary; contact parents or emergency personnel as needed.
- Perform various general secretarial and clerical duties; assist office staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Related Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally, the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Be able to grasp, reach and use fingers and hands to use computers. Repetitive hands motions and prolonged use of computer.
- Work with frequent interruptions and maintain emotional control under stress.
- Must be able to hear phone.
Equal Opportunity Employer
El Paso Academy Inc., is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, martial/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigations