Current Status: Accepting Applications
Deadline: Until Filled
Job Title: Campus Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
Dept. / School: West Campus
Primary Role and Purpose:
Working under the direction of the Executive Director, the Campus Administrator directs and manages instructional personnel, student advisors and assigned staff. Provide leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service and oversees compliance with district policies, implementation and success of instructional programs and operation of all school programs and activities.
- A Master's Degree from an accredited college or university preferred. A major in education, administration or curriculum/instruction with a working knowledge of academic and administrative use of computers is preferred.
- Valid Texas administrator certificate is preferred.
- A combination of at least five (5) years of successful experience as a classroom teacher and as a supervisor.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of TEKS curriculum standards and instructional practices.
- Strong knowledge of state assessment requirements.
- Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness.
- Ability to manage budgets and personnel.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff, students and external entities to raise the academic performance.
- Strong project management skills, ability to handle multiple priorities, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performing, and at times, unpredictable environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Highly proficient and skilled in multiple computer applications necessary to do the job well.
- Ability to work with individuals with various ethnic backgrounds, social circumstances, and abilities.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic, accept responsibility, and the ability to be self-motivated.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the instructional program by reviewing teacher lesson plans, observing classroom instruction on a weekly basis, conferencing with staff, and carefully analyzing assessment data related to student academic performance. Provide educational leadership focused on improving student performance and program effectiveness.
- Implement and monitor utilization of technology to improve student, staff, and administrative productivity.
- Communicate and promote expectations for high-level performance to staff and students. Recognize excellence and achievement.
- Ensure that all school programs and activities conform to federal, state and district guidelines.
- Provide direct input in developing and setting annual campus performance objectives for Federal and State accountability measurements/indexes. Develop, maintain and use information systems and data necessary to show campus progress on performance objectives.
- Regularly consult the campus committee(s) about planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of campus education program. Include students, parents and community representatives when appropriate.
- Schedule and administer local ARD, LPAC and 504 committee meetings/hearings, providing notice to parents as required by law.
- Communicate effectively and promote an informed working relationship with all stakeholders within the district and community.
- Evaluate teachers using the Texas Teacher Evaluation Support System (TTESS) following state and local timelines for evaluations.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff members. Encourage their active involvement in decision-making process.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, and responsible behavior. Serve as a role model for staff and students.
- Administer student scheduling, enrollment and monitor student attendance and devise and implement strategies that improve student attendance.
- Organize and evaluate campus testing for all students.
- Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Conduct new student orientations.
- Conduct conferences about student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.
- Direct all aspects of the school’s operations including management of human, physical and financial resources. Maintain fiscal control and accurately report financial matters pertaining to the campus.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Related Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand, and talk or hear and sometimes walk. Occasionally, the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally stoop, bend, push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material on computers, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires extensive use of computers and frequent use of hands and fingers to enter or type data. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Individual must maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
El Paso Academy Inc., is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, martial/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigations