Current Status: Accepting Applications
Deadline: Until Filled
Job Title: Computer Lab / Online Proctor
Reports to: Campus Administrator
Dept. / School: East Campus
Primary Role and Purpose:
Working under the direction of the Campus Administrator, the Computer Lab/Online Proctor is responsible for assisting students and instructional staff in the use of online courseware, performing test administration and proctoring.
- Associate's Degree or completion of 48 college hours is required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university is preferred.
- Experience in student tutoring is preferred.
- Ability to understand student's learning styles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Highly proficient and skilled in multiple computer applications necessary to do the job well, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds, social circumstances, and abilities.
- Establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; strong focus on customer service and teamwork.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic, accept responsibility, and the ability to be self-motivated.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist instructional staff and students in use of computers, printers, and instructional software.
- Work cooperatively with the counselor and the teachers to identify student placement in online courseware and ensure smooth transition.
- Ensure students complete assigned course(s) and communicate student progress to instructional staff.
- Input data; create and maintain physical and electronic files on student progress and use of instructional courseware.
- Check in and authenticate identification of students.
- Comprehend testing procedures as provided by manuals and/or instructors and adhere to appropriate protocol.
- Communicate effectively with students, instructional staff and administration.
- Troubleshoot minor computer concerns.
- Communicate with technical support and online courseware providers as necessary to investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Download tests submitted by instructional staff to computer for student access.
- Maintain computer lab in a neat and orderly manner including bulletin boards and displays.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in staff development, faculty meetings, and special events as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Related Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand, and talk or hear and sometimes walk. Occasionally, the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally stoop, bend, push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material on computers, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires extensive use of computers and frequent use of hands and fingers to enter or type data. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
Individual must maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
El Paso Academy Inc., is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, martial/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigations.