Current Status: Accepting Applications
Deadline: Until Filled
Job Title: Paraprofessional
Reports to: Campus Administrator
Dept. / School: East Campus
Primary Role and Purpose:
Working under the direction of the Campus Administrator the paraprofessional assists the teacher with meeting the goals and objectives of the students.
- An associate's degree or higher preferred
- Two years of study at an institution of higher education (defined as completion of 48 semester hours or equivalent trimester hours) of college coursework or an applicable number of semester hours as defined by the institution of higher education attended, whichever is less.
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Satisfactory background check.
- Ability to work with students who may suffer from acute or catastrophic illness or injury.
- Ability to provide learning experiences in a variety of settings.
- Knowledge of child growth and development, children with disabilities, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning and children with exceptional needs.
- Broad knowledge of curriculum/instruction.
- Knowledge of current educational research.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of use of current technology.
- Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using varied teaching methods to address student learning styles.
- Skill in oral and written communication with students, parents, and others.
- Ability to implement instructional activities for maximum effectiveness.
- Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision that students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the teacher with instruction and concept of development of children
- Provides individuals and group follow-up and reinforcement activities as directed by the teacher
- Assists with small groups
- Work one-on-one with students
- Assists with administering teacher made tests
- Checks student work
- Creates and maintains filing systems for materials
- Creates seating arrangements for various small group activities
- Prepares instructional materials as directed by teacher
- Prepares display and bulletin boards
- Duplicates materials for student assignments
- Monitors students in time out or isolation
- Attends district, campus in-service, workshops and training as specified by staff development or campus administrator
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Related Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand, and talk or hear and sometimes walk. Occasionally, the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally stoop, bend, push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material on computers, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires extensive use of computers and frequent use of hands and fingers to enter or type data. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
Individual must be able to work long and irregular hours and handle stressful situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
El Paso Academy Inc., is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, martial/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigations