Current Status: Accepting Applications
Deadline: Until Filled
Job Title: Substitute
Reports to: Campus Administrator
Dept. / School: East or West Campus
Primary Role and Purpose:
Working under the direction of the Campus Administrator during the absence of the regular Teacher provides instructional service by focusing on student learning needs and oversees compliance with district policies.
- AA Degree or working towards a degree in education, or other related fields. Preferred.
- Must have 48 credit hours from an institution of higher learning (community college, university, etc.) evidence by a college transcript.
- Satisfactory background check.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff, students and external entities to raise the academic performance.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Highly proficient and skilled in multiple computer applications necessary to do the job well, Including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with individuals with various ethnic backgrounds, social circumstances, and abilities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follows all policies, rules and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
- Serve as a role model/mentor to students by being a lifelong learner, demonstrating appropriate academic and social behaviors, and wearing appropriate attire at all times.
- Become familiar with the instructional materials in the El Paso Academy curriculum.
- Become familiar with the textbooks and instructional materials used by students.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in the classroom and surrounding areas.
- Reviews with campus administrator or designee, all plans, duties and schedules to be followed during the teaching assignment, teaches outlined lesson, maintains as fully as possible established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which he/she is assigned.
- With authorize personnel check in prior to start of the day and check out before leaving facility at the end of the day.
Job Related Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Substitute to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand, and talk or hear and sometimes walk. Occasionally, the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally stoop, bend, push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material on computers, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires extensive use of computers and frequent use of hands and fingers to enter or type data. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
Individual must maintain emotional control under stress; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
El Paso Academy Inc., is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, martial/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.